Yoga, healing, and guides

                              

My background

As someone who was initiated as a 'swami', and who trained intensively for years, as one, I was taught that a sannyasin (swami) stands alone. Has next to nothing materially, and is dependent on no-one. Not on any level. Which I did my life as. This was decades ago. It was 'Just A Time In My Life'. 

When I stayed at one of the largest Indian Ashrams (yoga establishment, shall we say....), about eleven years ago, I was amazed at all of the nice clothing all of the swamis had. Wow. Times had certainly changed. I'm doing a bit of a wry comment here. 

Life went on after my sannyasin training years. I went on to have a life again in society. Being a 'swami' meant nothing to others. I was a mum again. A single mother. But still, inside of me, I stood alone. I have always been minimalist by nature, so it was easy for me to continue a life of material simplicity. That included my diet and lifestyle. I felt secure with all of this.


                    Image result for spiritual guides and guardian angels

 Something happened to change my yoga beliefs

I became a very reluctant healer. The first thing that I discovered, with my first client, was that I was but a medium for the healing to take place. Other, invisible beings, which I could 'see' whilst doing a healing, were actually doing all of the work, through my arms and hands. 

I was so surprised. Realising what was happening, and has been happening ever since with guides and all of my healing work, has certainly kept my ego at bay. Initially I was only an aura healer, then channelling came into it. I went on to be a Maori healer, and left the aura work behind. And more recently I have added some aura work to the Maori healing, and this came about from my guides. 

A true healer is but a medium through whom works their guides.

Letting go of dogma

The guides themselves are from other realms. I already was familiar with internal realms from being involved with kundalini, the great spiritual force inside of us, and chakras, realms of Being. 

I had been taught, from my yoga days, which I was still heavily involved with when I started healing, that such diversions as guides and different realms, other than chakras, kundalini, and other 'accepted' yoga things,  were 'blocks' in the Path. I was following what has been touted as a Tantric Path, with the yoga. Tantra includes ritual, Gods and Goddesses, mantra, symbols, and all of the realms associated with shall we say, the magic side of life. 


                   Depth of Field Photo of Diety God Statuette


When you call in the Gods with mantra, at say, a fire ceremony, you are dealing with shamanism. Which is what my own path has evolved to. 

So much for 'no diversions'. I can see that particular doctrine as being just dogma, and sadly, dogma is rife in yoga today. Even from the big ashrams. 

Spirituality involves all of life. 

All of the Inner realms. All of the external world. All of the hidden external realms. All of the twelve Heavens. All of the Underworld. All of the Cosmos.

And all of the magical helpers in those realms. 






Comments