yoga for auto immune disorders

In all honesty, I cannot recommend yoga alone for treating autoimmune disorders. Nor would I 100% recommend only just naturopathy nor ayurveda in these instances. But I do recommend them all, as part of a whole.

I am also a healer. And my main area of expertise within both energy healing (mirimiri) and Maori healing (romiromi) using pressure points (haemata), is with DNA and past lives.

Being a healer turned my head, so to speak, regarding treating disease and illnesses just with yoga.



photo by Hayes Potter at Unsplash.com

first things, first

Talk to your doctor about your condition. 

yoga

So much can be done with yoga for autoimmune "stuff", and we will get into this, definitely. I am very wary of people advertising themselves as yoga therapists, especially when they have very "fixed" or organisation ideas (such as specific ashrams or types of yoga). 

ayurveda

So many people equate yoga and ayurveda being either the same, or you do both side by side. This is wonderful. However, a lot of ayurveda in the West is watered down, so - in general - no. I do, however, have an amazing friend who is just wonderful with ayurveda, and with his help, some years ago my dicey liver came right.  

For me, there is a caveat - knowing the body types which play such a big part of ayurveda is such a bonus as not only a yoga teacher, but also as a healer. So, yes I do use what knowledge that I have in this area.

energy healing

I have so many magical stories to tell as a healer. About clients who have completely recovered from amazing situations. I shall never, ever forget, about 1997/98, a father standing in front of me with tears in his eyes, unable to speak. He just wanted to say "thank you" for the healing session that had dramatically changed his son's life through past life regression. I was tearful too. Finally he said the right thing - "I think maybe I should try having a go at this too." (chuckle) And he had a session. A beautiful memory which still brings tears to my eyes.  

And we do have conditions that we are karmically predisposed towards. For sure. I am talking here about one's own personal journey through lifetimes. Although I would say that it's more to do with behavioural tendencies, and things that we must encounter in our lifetime. As in predestined, meant to be. Energy healing is what is more powerful in these instances.

romiromi healing

But what about auto immune situations? Ah. Here we are mainly (but not necessarily completely), talking about DNA. That which is handed down in our bloodline, from those who have gone before us. To be honest, this is harder to treat, but - yes, it can be done!! Through specific types of healing. 

I want everyone to know about DNA, because of the silly notions of people "wanting" bad things, or "deciding pre birth, to have harsh things happen" - a lot of this is absolute rubbish. And I do know yogis, new agers, and healers, who pompously announce these ideas. I recommend to avoid them all like the plague!!! Nobody can heal under the weight of all of the guilt and shame of these nutters putting false ideals onto others. And I've had my fair share of such people doing this to me - it's horrible.

be assured that each of us can do so much to help ourselves

One of the problems with auto immune situations, is that the symptoms can and do, fluctuate. So, firstly it helps to know 

* what different foods, drinks (and substances) do to our condition

* what instances, such as late nights, weather, difficulties with people, stress, worries, have on our condition

* what makes our condition lessen? 

One of the things that will help you immensely, is to know your own body. Because, it is a physical condition. But, we are so human - hearts, minds, and emotions will always play a part too. 

It is SO empowering to be able to have some control over an auto immune condition

And this, I feel is more important than yoga, so I thought that I'd establish this first. 

yes, that's all well and good, but what about yoga?

And, with yoga, please be assured that auto immune disease is not caused by a blockage in any chakra. I don't know where these stupid and incorrect ideas come from. 

I also do not recommend strong yoga cleanses. If our body weak, it is plain stupidity to spend hours flushing our digestive system and doing specific exercises. 

start here

What I would ask you to start with, is to get some energy moving through your organs, muscles and joints. Read this post here and I'll put some stick figure diagrams in the next post. Start with three repetitions of each, but of course you can do ten or more. Do more on the days that you feel better, and less on your not-so-good days. This is a great beginning and will enable you to move into some more beneficial yoga moves.

Avoid strong yoga. Your body is trying to defend and protect itself, and anything that stresses or overheats your body is not good for your situation. 

There is more, much more. However, starting easy and doable is a great way to succeed. 

to be continued......

** cat pose is a doable and extremely beneficial pose. If you can't kneel hold onto a bench or chair and just do the spine movements with the breath. link is here. Any pose which increases our breathing capacity, quite naturally builds up our life -force, which in turn helps with healing.

** and a beautiful yet easy breathing technique to reduce stress, is here. Auto immune conditions can get quite a lot of relief from learning how to handle stress. I recommend to learn and practice this breathing PRIOR to the stress becoming full on. Do it everyday.


Comments

  1. I have fibromyalgia - which is not considered to an autoimmune disease currently - but it does have triggers. I can so relate to paying attention to what our bodies are trying to tell us. So far my triggers seem to be too much dairy and too much activity (unless I have enough adrenaline onboard). I hope to try gentle yoga in the near future. We shall see….

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Child pose is like the anti-cortisol pose. If you can manage it, it would help to do it everyday. Cortisol being the stress hormone which depletes the adrenals. I'll add some more about this is another post. Someone close to me has fibromyalgia, and it sounds shocking. But you sound as though you're doing so well handling it, Michelle. xxxx

      Delete
    2. And wise you are to only do gentle yoga. I get painful inflammatory stuff happening when I do hard yoga, and that includes strong poses. I also generally avoid, for myself, those warrior poses - too heating for me. I teach them all, but for me - best avoided.

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much! I will look up the child-pose. The most recent research indicates that fibromyalgia is also an autoimmune disorder. Researchers isolated the IgG antibodies from fibromyalgia sufferers and injected them into mice. Lo and behold, the mice developed fibromyalgia symptoms.

      Michelle
      https://mybijoulifeonline.com

      Delete
  2. It's amazing how abusive relationships can affect our bodies. I had intense flares before having my hips replaced. It was such a relief to get those diseased joints out of my body. Like a bad tooth! Now I can enjoy yoga again. Kayaking is also so healing and nurturing...love being out on the ocean with the sea lions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sea Lions!! big envy here. What a magical thing to have happen. For me, it has always been bad relationships that have caused inflammation. I so relate to what you are saying xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

You can leave comments here - comments are moderated for the time being.