The magic of plants


I just had to choose a magical looking photo.

photo from unsplash.com

In Aotearoa (New Zealand), we have a strong use of natural medicines, especially regarding plants, and in particular native plants. They are used in teas, drinks specific to ailments, balms, skin care, poultices, essences, and in some cases, essential oils. The lovely kawakawa plant is used extensively, and these days, fresh kawakawa tea is almost mainstream. And our manuka honey, from our manuka plant, is world famous for it's therapeutic and cosmetic qualities.


There are lots of courses now, about our native plants, and how to use them as medicine. The system is called Rongoa. The thing is, with Rongoa, you don't just go and pick plants any-old-how. There is respect for the plant, they are not picked when it's raining as this is when sustenance is being received by plants. Strong and beautiful ancient chants, in ancient Maori language, specific to and for, something, are used. It's like an infusion.

The power and knowing of the plant

Some years ago, I was taking Deep Lung Support from Harker Herbals. Using our native plants. Formulated by Malcolm Harker, a Master Herbalist, who used native plants to restore his own health. They are amazing. I was using the lung mixture for a chest infection. After taking penicillin, I discovered in a somewhat dramatic way, that I am allergic to it. So off I trotted to the health shop, with determination to only use the Harker mixes. A couple of days on, I was at a seminar learning off a Tohunga (Maori healer and Shaman), when I realised that I could "see" plants moving through my lungs. After silent panicking, I realised that the environment that I was in, with the ancient lore and language of the Maori, was emphasising the effects of the plants. The magic of the plants was travelling through the intended destination. It actually took me a while to get past the panic......

The matriarchal society of Northern Regions

But, of course, plant medicine is not unique to Aotearoa. Plants have been used throughout time as sustenance, medicine and even magic. I have done readings where we have gone back a long way in time, and seen plants being mixed with incantations. This is a common theme from ancient times. 

There was, for thousands of years, a long time ago, an incredible matriarchal society in the now Scandinavian region, encompassing also Norway and other areas. This civilisation was very tantrik, using form, sounds, and nature. I have often wondered if this is where Wicca (witchcraft) came from. Plants were used extensively.

British Isles

And in Great Britain, there is a long history of using herbs as food, medicine and poultices. Indeed, many an unfortunate herbalist was publicly killed, in times of religious fervour. I have done regressions where the person whom we know as Merlin, was teaching herbal lore, with an old language, to his close students. It is in this way, that the old knowledge continues. Someone learning off a Master (male or female), living that knowledge, then training younger people in the same way. With Merlin, I have long felt that in those times, he was part of a Master lineage, and that there always was a "merlin".

And in India

In the ancient Vedic system, plants were used in Ayurveda, the health system. I am hundred percent sure that mantras would have been used, whether growing, harvesting, or formulating, plants as medicines.

Lemeuria

I did a very unusual regression on someone. There is somewhere in history, and I don't actually know where, that predates Atlantis. The Atlantean civilisation lasted, it seems to me, for well over 10,000 years. I have often wondered if the most magical of mystical of places, that I was unable to place, was perhaps Lemeuria? Known also as Mu. So different from any other era. 

The person whom I was giving the reading to, it was so far back in time, in that mystical time. They were standing in front of a tree, with their back pushed against this beautiful old tree. An atrocity was about to happen to them. They were helpless. Branches of the tree snaked around her face, and large leaves covered her eyes as she quickly and quietly had her breathing cut off by the tree, done with love and protection, saving that person from horror. I would never had believed it if I had not "seen" it, with my third eye. My client relived that experience, too.

Plants thrive from Love

And closer to home, for me, was about 6 punnets of seedlings that my son had given me for my then weed riddled, forest of a garden. I kept them in the kitchen, kept looking at them, not knowing what to do, as the forest garden was so overwhelming. Well, the garden got sorted out by a dear friend, and I planted those seedlings. They grew majestically. I am sure that it was because they were given in love, the garden sorter-outer loves plants, and I kept silently caring about them in my kitchen, and they responded! By bursting forth in growth. Surprisingly, other similar plants put in the garden later, did not fare so well.

Now, mysteriously, I am not a great gardener. A healer friend who has magic hands, tells me that she is not, either!! Ironic, really.

Does anyone else have special plant stories?

** A post about Merlin, here
** A post about The Ancient Norse People, here

Link to chakra meditation and my talks and other meditations on Earth Elders: here.  Click "join" if you haven't already, then click the search icon, and enter "Ratnamurti Saraswati". 

Link to Global Unity Festivals on you tube, here. I'm in the Wave 1, Asia/Pacific episodes.



Comments

  1. Hi! I didn't know you were a Swami. This post is fascinating. You put so much into it and it went so far back in time. I have an oak tree that was planted about five years ago or a little more. It has a disease because oaks in the area do. I wonder why Greening of Detroit planted it when we arranged for them to plant new trees in our neighborhood. I thought they knew better than that. Ours is the only one, so I guess they thought it would be safe. I was working with a woman in a color healing class and showed her a photo of my tree for healing. She told me what to do. Now I have to spray it at least twice a year to yet rid of the mold and talk to it, keeping positive thoughts in mind for its healing. I like your story about the seeds. I have seeds that I want to plant, don't know much about caring for them and don't have good land for planting. I'm planning on doing it anyway. I'm happy I found your post in a linkup and am looking forward to keeping in touch with you. Thanks for sharing your insights! - Angie, www.yourtrueselfblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie. Sometimes plants, especially trees, do not do well because they are not "native" to a country. I wonder if Oaks are native to where you are?

      Delete
  2. How interesting. I want to watch the youtube festivals thing when I get some time. It's interesting what some herbal treatments can do (Like St Johns Wort.).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Native herbs are really big in my country. I have used St Johns wort during a very difficult time, and it really helped

      Delete
  3. And thanks for joining #Allseasons

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no doubt that there are plants that will help with most any of the human physical problems. You bring up some very interesting facts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks, Betty. Beautiful photos on your blog, by the way

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You can leave comments here - comments are moderated for the time being.