My animal spirit guides

photo by Federico Di Dio @unsplash.com

This amazing photo perfectly encapsulates the natural home of an animal spirit guide

during my full-on yoga years, which was a long time, I would never have considered such things as guides.
in any form.
clearly I did have a lot to learn.......

How do we get our animal spirit guides?


I can really only talk for myself here. As a healer and clairvoyant, I have often connected people to their guides. Including animal-bird-fish (I'll just call all of these "animal spirit guides"). And I know people who have specifically gone to shamanic workshops to discover their own animal guides. But they can also come to us, in a dream, or meditation.

Originally, I thought that we would only have one of these in a lifetime, but experience has taught me that this is not so. And each has a unique purpose.

each animal, bird, or fish guide, brings a quality which we personally need within oneself

My own animal guides

I have a few!! Three of the canine family, and two birds. Which is interesting to me. 

As a young child I was terrified of dogs. I would scream in terror around them. Now I could never do that, I love dogs so much. I always say: if you want true love, get a dog. And birds, medium sized like seagulls, I was scared of them too, after watching an Alfred Hitchcock movie 'The Birds', in my early teens. I was a real scaredy kid. 
 


My first beloved animal guide to appear was a wee fox. It was so cute! And always peeking out, watching, from behind a tree. I wondered why. At the time I had just started learning healing, and my teacher told me that it was trying to tell me to stop going full-on into difficult situations, which was my tendency. Instead I needed to be like the little watchful fox, partly hidden behind the tree, watching and listening to whatever was happening.

I was having a lot of confrontation coming my way in those days, so this bit of advice and guidance from wee fox, were invaluable. It became like a creed for me. I learnt in difficult situations, to go quiet, retreat a bit, and observe whatever was happening. Honestly, it showed me how to proceed in life, just by emulating wee fox. I still do it.

As life went on, I forgot about little fox. And, of course, in life, problems never stop coming. About six months ago, out of the corner of my eye, I saw it walking near me, watching me, and laughing knowingly, aware that I had forgotten him. To him it was so funny. He now is back in my life, but in reality, he never left it. Instead, I had left him. The humour is now back in my life too. Gifted by wee fox.

About eleven years ago, a very small, black dog came into my life. Via one of my daughters. Pomeranian-Papillon, more Papillon in looks and by nature. A real watcher of a dog. She even looks fox-like.  And smiles just like my wee fox. Pixie also has a sense of humour. (I know. Unusual) The irony of little miss Pixie did not escape me. Pixie is not a spirit guide, she is a real dog!

wolves

The next animal spirit guide who came, is The White Wolf. She too is still in my life. I simply became aware of her during another difficult period. Many years ago. She is about love, protection, and guidance.  She has been about psychic safety, and "showing me the way", when I find it hard to make a decision. This white female wolf brings the sensation and security of love into my whole being. Which I had often been lacking.

Sometimes she seems to sit on my bed as I sleep. She has laughter within her, and she brings laughter up within me. These days she is around me a lot. 

An example of showing me the way, the way home

A couple of years ago, I couldn't find somewhere to live, and I needed to do so in a hurry. In desperation, I went to a long driveway near where I was living, where a small cottage was up for rent. There are no lights outside the garage, but, amazingly, a strange gold light was radiating down in front of the garage. I knew then that I had found my new home. The next day I went with wee black doggy to have a look at the abode, which you can't see as you come down the drive. I could see my Higher Self and the White Wolf waiting. They turned and walked in a direction, so wee doggy and I followed. We went to the cottage. I moved in soon after.


And, I have a Black Wolf. He is strength, fearlessness,  is protective but in a more ferocious way than the White Wolf.  She is gentle, he is, well, he is more "don't mess with me". And I must say, I really did need to develop that quality of people and bad psychic "stuff",  not messing with me. As soon as he appears, it is like I feel inner strength instantly coursing through me. He came in a dream when I was being psychically hassled. 
And when bad psychic stuff is around me I do definitely ask black wolf to guard me and warn the bad psychic stuff away.

Sometimes both wolves come together. 

Now, I have gone from someone who was terrified of dogs as a child, to someone whom dogs love, obey and trust. And I love them all, too. What wonderful creatures dogs are!

birds

Another spirit creature guide that I have, is an enormous eagle, who has been around me for years, also watching, warning, protecting. I was quite unaware that it was waiting for me to have it as a guide, but it happened. This guide is for something else. He is my eyes when I don't want to seek things myself, in healing and in situations. He takes me through the spiritual realms. Which is, of course, an incredible blessing. I felt our souls merge as I learnt to sing a song to it during a Maori spirituality workshop.

And he is always with me during long car journeys. I feel so much safer when he is around.

More recently, an owl appeared. To be my eyes in the dark. To warn me of things. I haven't quite gotten into the owl yet, but of course I shall. Of course, I am now besotted with owls.

An animal spirit guide feels good. I've never been able to understand why we are lucky enough to have these sorts of guidance in our lives. I just know that we do.

does anyone have anything that they would like to share in this topic?? I'd love to hear. 


Link here to a similar post about animal spirit guides

Link here to a post about the faerie realm

Link to my meditations and talks, on Earth Elders: here.  Click "join" if you haven't already, then click the search icon, and enter "Ratnamurti Saraswati". 

Link to Global Unity Festivals on youtube, here. I'm in the Wave 1, Asia/Pacific episodes.

Link to a post explaining Global Unity Festivals here 


You can also find me:


Comments

  1. Thank you for reminding me of my spirit guides who stay with me for certain reasons. They are big cats and I have had three real cats in my life as well, two of them black and both with gold eyes. I've just been observing little animals that cross my path in obvious ways over recent years. Time to meditate on my big cats. It's a good time, too, because they pertain to my marriage...and we just had our 40th anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful. When I lived in Santa Fe, New Mexico, a fox walked up to me as I was watching the sunset. He sat down near me, and we enjoyed it together. I like what you wrote about their approach to life. I think I also have the dolphin as an animal spirit guide. That's what came to me in meditation many years ago. My new dog Jacques reminds me of a black wolf. He is a gentle giant, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black wolf = symbolizes strength. Lovely. For sure a dolphin is one of your spirit guides.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You can leave comments here - comments are moderated for the time being.