healing and me

photo by Mark Olsen on Unsplash

There is so much deep healing to be experienced amongst trees, bush, forests, jungles

It's a privilege to be a healer

 I love being a healer. When I'm doing healing, it's a time when nothing is about me. You could say that it's also "taking a break" from oneself. I know that there are lots of truly unselfish people, and professions, and, for me, healing is right up there with those. 

Being unselfish is one of the fundamentals of healing, in my view, and experience. I have seen "healers" really Fall From Grace when they are selfish, and when they're not nice people. 

When I was a young child, I knew that I was supposed to be a healer when I grew up. Of course, I didn't know of the word "healer", but I definitely knew what I was supposed to be doing. I also knew that I would be bald and wearing orange robes, which was living in an ashram and always staying true to yoga. And I did that decades ago.

I consider that I've been very blessed.

Each healer has their own style

The form of healing that I personally do, has developed into a merging of spiritual clairvoyance, energy healing, and Maori healing. All up, I've been doing healing since 1994. That's a long time.

You learn a lot about people, illnesses, genes, life, the Afterlife, deep spirituality. Just by doing the mahi/work. And with this comes a real sorting out of values, compassion, ideals, etc.

It is such a blessing, such a humble honour to be able to do healing work. 

New directions in teaching

Over the decades, I have trained hundreds of aspirants in deep yoga spirituality, yoga teachers to teach classes from beginners through to advanced, and healers for aura/energy healing. 

When we keep doing what comes naturally to us, in my case yoga and healing, at some stage we must pass it on. The urge to do so becomes quite strong, and I think that it's because this is The Way of preserving knowledge: from teacher to student. I still am quietly passing on yoga knowledge to any one who asks.  

The time has come to merge my combined knowledge and share it.

I'm currently teaching some long-time Maori healers some of the deep spirituality that I know, which was not taught in the wanangas/workshops that we went to. Nor in the style of Maori healing that we were taught.

This is to grow their own kete (basket) of knowledge. Of course, each knows aspects of healing that I certainly don't know. Healers have their own individual styles within a system. It's just the way that it is. 

Each to his/her own

There are many healers who excel in things that I simply do not know, and I'm fine with that. For example, I do not do plant medicine (Rongoa), but many of my friends do. Nor do I do natal/haputangi, as others do this so splendidly. And, although I do bodywork, I no longer do this work on people who are big, extra strong, or wanting hard pressure. They need someone who does the Hard Physical Stuff. I decided not to do the stick work (rakau) either, as it isn't so much in alignment with what I do.  Yep, lots can do all of these way better than I. 

What I can do, though, is merge the deep spirituality gained from experience: in the spiritual side of yoga; clairvoyance; energy healing; and Maori healing. 

We all have our own gifts to share. Every person does. And this is something that I truly wish everyone knows: they have their own special gifts.


Ngakau Ora (Maori healing clinic) where I work, link is here

link here to my lifestyle blog

Link to my meditations and talks, on Earth Elders: here.  Click "join" if you haven't already, then click the search icon, and enter "Ratnamurti Saraswati". 

Link to Global Unity Festivals on youtube, hereI'm in the Wave 1, Asia/Pacific episodes.

Link to a post explaining Global Unity Festivals here 

You can also find me:

** facebook

** swami ratnamurti/facebook

** twitter

** instagram

** pinterest

Links to similar blog posts:

here about finding trauma in the aura. We all have this to some degree.

here regarding trauma and yoga teaching. A very big subject

here another post regarding healing, with a very light hearted story, as well






Comments

  1. It is satisfying to share your gifts in life. Children are very in tune with their destiny when their talents are nurtured.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You can leave comments here - comments are moderated for the time being.